We operated on a 73 yr old male with irreducible epigastric hernia. X ray showed gas under diaphragm. To our surprise the hernia was incidental and his perforation was in jejunal diverticuli.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Friday, August 30, 2013
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Monday, August 19, 2013
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Young female patient presented with central abd pain. CT showed thickened ileal loop with proximal dilatation and this is what we found.
Friday, July 12, 2013
We recommend that for a distal gastric tumour which on histopath is a signet ring ca or poorly differentiated ca we should go ahead with a total gastrectomy as they have a sub mucosal spread. If one feels that distal radical gastrectomy is sufficient then should always do frozen section examination of margins.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
robotic subtotal gastrectomy in a 76 year old lady with distal gastric tumour. She recovered postoperatively. Was discharged on 5th postop day.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
You can also visit our website at
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
- Right hemicolectomy in August 2010. H/P examination revealed
- Moderately differentiated mucinous adenocarcinoma pT3N1Mx
- Tumor was reaching up to serosa, LN mets present (7/13)
- Proximal & distal resection margin was free from tumor. After this the patient received chemotherapy from September 2010 to march 2011
- During follow up of 26 months patient was normal clinically. PET-CECT scan done 6 monthly and serum-CEA done 3 months intervals was normal. During follow up September 2012 serum-CEA rose to 8.6 . PET-CECT scan, UGI endoscopy, Colonoscopy Normal, Repeat in December 2012 s-CEA was 17.0. PET-CECT scan showed FDG avid heterogenous enhancing hypodense lesion in relation of right adnexa
- Right pelvic 5x4x4 cm tumor covered with jelly like material and was adhered to right pelvic wall and right ovary + fallopian tube
- Uterus and left ovary was appear normal
- Bowel and peritoneum was normal with no ascites
- Excision of tumor with normal margin was done
- Young age
- Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of colon
- Recurrence in pelvis after 28 months
- Recurrent tumor excised
- S-CEA became normal after 3 weeks of follow up
- We require suggestions for further planning regarding
A 56 year old patient presented with colorectal cancer – operated with resection and anastomosis of the involved colon. The tumour was compl...
We feel the incidence of diverticular disease is gradually increasing in our country. We have recently seen a number of cases with different...
We presented a case of a 42 year old patient, who had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy and had a bile leak. He had a stormy course, required...
50 yr female with locally advanced carcinoma gall bladder. Fortunately it was a lesion at the fundus of the GB locally infiltrating the ...
We operated on a 73 yr old male with irreducible epigastric hernia. X ray showed gas under diaphragm. To our surprise the hernia was inciden...
I am presently working as a senior consultant in Department of Surgical Gastroenterology at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar,...
We recommend that for a distal gastric tumour which on histopath is a signet ring ca or poorly differentiated ca we should go ahead with a ...
We operated on a patient with a recurrent colo vesical fistula which developed following trauma. We found a large communication between th...